Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A little ramble for the rumble

Putting together now the pieces of a recent move, I’m thinking about significance and what constitutes a journal and a blog, and where do the routes meet and diverge, and why? You don’t need me to write about politics, yet I can say that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi from San Francisco has a lot of work to do to fight with the mandate of what we all have desired a voice for – change; however, if change does not come then it’s our responsibility to declare the honeymoon over and to start cracking even our Democratic Party’s skulls. You don’t need me to discuss the idea of Quality, an all-too-Pirsig-esque notion, yet a notion which continues to articulate itself from every nook of my surroundings on every part of the globe, never mind the fact that it’s not the best conversation starter on biergarten nights in Munich though talk inevitably arrives at the idea of quality when deciding where the best ribs are and how the lighting best makes our faces glow to the people across the table. But I digress.

I was part of the exclamation point on Ocean Beach a few weeks ago and I didn’t even know if I wanted the dude impeached, but it also had to do with walking a few weeks prior in Toronto for the 2006 Gulu Walk and standing up (and walking) for the need to understand Africa even a little better, a continent which continues to baffle and entrance me. If this is the year of change in this country… after so many years of sad reluctance of the unchangeable political heads screwing this country in its solitary place, and thus causing a massive shaking of heads, then of fists… we need to be less passive in our actions, but more importantly we must be less passive with our knowledge and with how we gather information to support that knowledge.

Informed awareness. Another good word(s) for 2007.

No comments:

Gratitude Day 1

Inspired by real life needs and a beautiful gift of compact words set in a tome, I am sitting here with an idea of gratitude. If there was a...